… from Isabel Bloom Davenport, IA?
Going on vacation this summer? You could win a prize! All you have to do is make a sign, take a pic and share on our Facebook or Instagram. Easy right? Here’s how to play:
- Go on vacation, somewhere fun, somewhere exotic, somewhere not HOME; Between NOW and August 31st, 2018.
- Once you get to your destination, download this file here, print it and fill it out with the number of miles it is back to Isabel Bloom at 736 Federal Street, Davenport, IA. (OR make your own sign)
- Then, pose for a pic with your sign.
- Upload it to your Facebook or Instagram and tag Isabel Bloom! Facebook: @Isabelbloom ; Instagram: @IsabelBloomUSA and #isabelbloom.
- Your name will then be entered into a drawing for an Isabel Bloom gift card!
- Winner will be drawn at random and announced on Tuesday, September 4th, 2018.
LET’S SEE HOW FAR WE CAN REACH!
Inspired by Wall Drug
The infamous Wall Drug store in Wall, South Dakota started a trend almost 100 years ago and they didn’t even know it! Looking for an opportunity to draw more customers to their store, they paid to have signs placed along the highway that said “Get a soda/get a beer/turn next corner/just as near/to Highway 16 and 14/free ice water/ Wall Drug” – . These signs were placed at various points along Highway 16 and ever since then customers started flocking to their store. Over the years, several people started making their own “miles to Wall Drug signs” and could be seen as far away as Morocco, Amsterdam, and even at base camps during WWII.
To read more about the history of “Wall Dug” and their infamous signs, click here.